Tuesday, August 09, 2011

HBO's Superheroes

I read a friend's blog a couple days ago about which super powers you would want to have, if you were given the choice. The blog can be found here. I chose to be like Dr. Manhattan, I apologize for the lack of creativity. But does having a superpower make you a superhero? Well, according to these guys, you don't need a superpower.

Introducing Real Life Superheroes.

Yup, that's right. Real.. Life.. Superheroes. Not the kind of heroes who donate to charity, or the ones who feed the hungry, sick, poor and all that. Those are real life heroes. These guys, well. They're something else.



This is not just another show or movie about ordinary people who dress up in costumes and fight crime on the streets like Kick-Ass (which was actually a great movie) or Super. This is actually a documentary on HBO about real people, in the US, who dress up as costumed characters and fight crime. This actually made me smile the moment I saw the poster. Don't get me wrong, what they're doing is pretty dangerous, and downright silly for some, but it is yet another way ordinary people don the mask of anonymity, drawing strength from their favorite comic book hero, and get out and make the streets safer. My sense of rationality is screaming for them to cut the charades and just do what they're supposed to be doing. The superhero fanboy in me, however, is saying otherwise.

You can also check out their website at http://www.reallifesuperheroes.org/ where you can find discussion forums and blogs from the crime fighters themselves, as well as tutorials on how to be a real life superhero. I hope I get the chance to see this show, I'm actually interested, mainly because I want to see how they fight crime or go about their super hero business. I've added a video below on the show's trailer so you can get a glimpse of how the show is going to look like.




Still not interested? That's alright. You can just wait for The Avengers to show next year. This one is going to be a blast.





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...